Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Practicum 2010 at Sunnybrae Normal School



During the course of 2010 I have been teaching in Room 2 at Sunnybrae Normal School. This was my final practicum. I have really enjoyed my time here. During the months of July and August I had full control of this Year 1 class.

I established myself as a teacher, developing my planning, teaching and assessment skills.  I planned the entire programme for four weeks- including reading, writing, maths, art and topic.  I prepared lessons that catered for the individual needs of each student, allowing for the diversity within the class.

Through this experience I have successfully planned from Term/ Unit Overviews through to long term planning then weekly planning down to daily lessons plans.  These have been thorough and well executed.

I have grown both as an individual and as a professional. I have a deeper understanding of the role and responsibilities of a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment